Fresno Dog Bite Lawyers
A dog bite or animal attack can be a traumatic experience, leaving both physical and emotional scars. Bites to the head and neck area are very common, and physical injury varies from minor to serious, including deep wounds, infection, and crushed bones.
Dog Bite Statistics
The Center for Disease Control and Preventionreports:
- Each year, 800,000 Americans seek medical attention for dog bites; half of these are children.
- Of those injured, 386,000 require treatment in an emergency department and about 16 die.
- The rate of dog bite-related injuries is highest for children ages 5 to 9 years, and the rate decreases as children age.
- Almost two thirds of injuries among children ages four years and younger are to the head or neck region.
- Injury rates in children are significantly higher for boys than girls.
Your Rights Under California Dog Bite Law
In California, strict liability law applies to dog bites, which does not require proof of owner fault or negligence. If The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker can prove you were lawfully on the grounds at the time of injury and that the dog bit and injured you, the dog’s owner or caretaker is liable for damages.
We frequently settle dog bite cases out of court, and in many cases, damages are paid by homeowner's insurance.
Why You Need a Lawyer
People who pursue legal action without a lawyer usually get inadequate settlement offers from insurance companies. Consequently, they walk away from the negotiating table with less compensation than they deserve. The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker brings considerable skills and experience to negotiation, adding the necessary leverage to seek maximum compensation. Even when deducting legal fees, your margin of recovery is much greater with legal intervention than when attempting negotiation yourself. Also keep in mind, rising costs in medical care make fair recovery of damages vital for covering expenses.
We Can Help
Rely on the decades of experience and expertise that The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker provides. See how we can help.
- The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker offers free, confidential case evaluations at no obligation.
- If we don’t get you any money, we won't charge you a dime.
Call (877) 651-8613 or contact us online today to schedule your free consultation.
The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker - We’ll Fight For You!®